PROFESSIONAL SPORTING DOGS
Professional dog sports are an important component to creating a happy and healthy life for dogs and their handlers. Not only are dog sports fun activities, but they also provide physical and emotional benefits. However, sometimes the joy of competing is overshadowed by unrealized goals and poor performance. When training isn’t enough, it’s time to focus on the team’s emotional and mental presence.
At Animal Bonds, we help prevent the embarrassment of missed cues, disappointing performances, and the stress and anxiety of competing, by focusing on the mindset component of competition.
We work with competitors, trainers, and sports associations. It doesn't matter what sport you and your dog participate in - nose work, agility, obedience, freestyle, rally, disc dog, herding or working dogs. Everyone benefits by improving their mindset.
Our next class begins May 11, 2023 at 6:00pm. This is a virtual class.
THE K9 HANDLER'S WINNING MINDSET
Online, 4-week class
What you will learn.
Our next Winning Handler's Mindset class begins May 11, 2023 at 6:00pm. We meet for approximately one hour, once a week on Zoom. You will receive the class link after registration. You will also receive an in-depth class workbook and follow-up support.
In this 4-week class you will learn:
- Techniques to Increase focus
- Techniques to increase confidence
- Techniques to improve teamwork
- What to do before, during, and after a competition
- How your energy and emotions you bring to a trial affect your dog
- The difference between a growth and fixed mindset
- How to develop a winning mindset
- How to use breathwork to control pressure
- How to use visualization and goal setting
This is a safe, interactive class with plenty of time to practice what you learn. Please come prepared to participate.
- A stronger bond with your K-9 partner
- A safe way to provide mental and physical exercise
- A strong foundation of life skills that help you build a lifelong relationship of trust and clear communication
- More Winning Moments!
If you struggle with nerves before a trial and want to learn how to perform more confidently under pressure, this program teaches you to focus on the task instead of worrying about the competition, spectators, or what people may think of you as a handler.
Mindset is 90% of success and it plays a large role in the joy (or frustration) you and your dog experience when working together.
The techniques we teach and practice are not a replacement for training or behavior support, but they do address a componant that is often forgotten - the mindset of the handler.
If you are a trainer in any dog sport, or a K9 sport association, contact us today to discuss bringing a class to your students and members.
Our Client's Experience
What our clients are saying.
Host a Class
Interested in hosting a class?
Contact us if you would like to host a class. A minimum of ten students is required.